Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Is begging for one's wife's luxuries good or bad?

Yesterday I saw a movie called "PK" with my colleagues. This movie was really bad and was made with intentions to portray Hinduism in bad light. But that is not agenda of this post so I will defer that discussion to another post.

In this post I want to discuss a particular scene and my take on that. In this movie an old man comes to Amir Khan and begs 500 rupee on the pretext that his wife is ill and he need to get her admitted to hospital. Amir Khan is having special power that he can read anybody's mind by holding his hand, so he comes to know that he had taken his wife to a five star hotel for a dinner and his wife had ordered ice cream after dinner and his budget overshot so he left her on pretext of going to loo and came out to beg money strangers so that he can pay the bill of five star hotel. Amir Khan gave him 500 rupee and 100 rupee extra for tip.

Had I been in place of Amir Khan, I would have told this person who is begging for his wife's five star dinners that he should have told his wife that he can't afford ice cream instead of begging strangers for money. Begging for your wife or girlfriend's luxuries is worst thing a person can do. I will never beg for five star dinners for my wife.

Surprisingly when I told my opinion to my colleagues, they were angry with me, they told me that I have not right to say negative things about a person who is begging for noble cause of five star dinner for his wife or girlfriend. If I can't help such a great person then I should say sorry to him but never say any bad words about such persons. As per them a true husband is the one who can beg for five star dinners for his wife, if someone can't beg for his wife's five star dinner then it means that he doesn't love his wife.

I don't agree with my colleagues, as per me true love is based on trust and respect. Loosing self-respect for a woman (please note that I am not using the word wife) is because of lust and not for love. Love doesn’t decrease sense of self-respect but increase it. Had beggar be in true love with his wife, he would have faith in his wife that she will respect his limitations in terms of financial resources if he would have told his wife that they can't have ice cream after dinner in five star hotels. This beggar did not have faith in his wife's love but had a fear of diminishing look his wife would have given her if he would have said that his budget did not allow ice cream after dinner in five start hotel. That is why he chose to get insulted by strangers rather than getting insulted by his own wife. I don't see any love in this behavior.


In the same movie "PK" there was a dialog where Sanjay Dutt said that "MAN, AADMI, HARAMI and KUTTA" mean same thing. I did not agree to Sanjay Dutt that time but after discussion with my colleagues I think that I might have to change my opinion.

12 comments:

  1. I don't think he did any WRONG in begging. RIGHT and WRONG are relative terms pertaining to different belief systems. If a person steals a medicine from a chemist store to save his dying mother, would you call it a robbery? Whats WRONG most of the time may not be WRONG everytime. Thats what we need to understand. His wife had never been to a 5 star and he wanted to make that dinner special for her by doing all he could, so begging for once for you special someone does not make you a bad person. Its just about what's more important for you. Your selfless love for your wife or your own self respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, here I start with telling a story. Once a girlfriend asked his lover that if he want to marry her then he will have bring his mothers heart for her. This lover killed her mother and took out her heart and took it to his girlfriend, thinking that she will be proud to have such a selfless lover who can kill his mother for his selfless love (as per new definition given by Luckshay). His girlfriend when saw that her lover killed his mother for his selfless love, told him that she will not marry him because if a person can kill his mother for his selfless love for his first wife then he can kill his first wife for his selfless love for his second wife, and he can kill his second wife for his selfless love for his third wife. She will never marry such a selfless person.

      These kind of selfless people are appreciated only by people like Amir Khan who in his real life divorced his first wife because his selfless love for his second wife because she was younger and more beautiful than his first wife.

      Delete
    2. Ok, so you mean to say that begging is equivalent to killing your mother? This ends the conversation for me. Selfless means sacrificing your ownself to make the other person happy, it does not mean killing your family for your wife. Let's talk sense please!

      Delete
    3. Please note "If a person steals a medicine from a chemist store to save his dying mother," is equal to begging for wife's five star dinner as per you. Don't you think that is end of argument for someone else.

      Delete
    4. No they are not the same! But I mentioned that to explain that even an otherwise WRONG act of stealing would be justified if it is done for a good cause! And most importantly, I talked about saving your dying mother (Positive karma), not killing your own mother (Extremely negative karma). Its wisdom that you need to use to distinguish between how Wrong should the wrong be!! You cannot compare 'killing one's mother' with 'begging for once'.

      Delete
    5. I don't think I need to comment further. I would allow reader to decide what is right and what is wrong.

      Delete
  2. Concern is not ki Bande ke Bheek mangi. baat ye hai se Saare loog Taaliya baja rahe the , lag raha tha bhaut acha kaam ho raha h lekin ye kabhi Dil se nahi pucha ki BHAGWAN ki bejati kar k rakh di.

    Saram aani chahiye , Agar kisi ki GF ki photo gaal per chipkaayi hoti toh Lad jaate per Bhagwan ki bari me Taaliya baja rahe the.

    Mujko toh saram aane lagi h Hinduo ki Mentality per.

    Sala Bollywood hi Bhagwan ko nicha dikhata deta hai , South ki movie me Itni respect dete h God ko bahut jada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure what that movie showed but one thing that I can drive from this is, how things are described and how they actually happened. Jasvant jee has done nothing different from current journalists :P. Here is the facts and it's representation in this blog:

    Blog: Surprisingly when I told my opinion to my colleagues, they were angry with me, they told me that I have not right to say negative things about a person who is begging for noble cause of five star dinner for his wife or girlfriend.
    Fact: Jasvant jee raised this point that that sardar was wrong and one of out friends said that ki shayad(SHAYAD) uska point of view aisa raha ho and jasvant jee were ANGRY(not others) and he himself said that others opinion is wrong.

    All I believe is if you feel not to give away some money to beggar, you move away because you can't tell that he is begging for his wife for a luxury or he really need that for some one's life.
    The whole point from others was, it's all about one's opinion and that is very much person dependent. That could be right or wrong for others but that is always right for that individual.

    there is nothing to get offended about others opinion unless it is impacting you own image.

    JUST CHILL JASVANT JEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Difference of opinion does not mean everything in this world is right. Somethings are wrong and somethings are right in this world. Difference of opinion means if something really does not make a difference let it be the way it is. If someone wan't to wear red shirt instead of wearing black shirt then we can say that both wearing black shirt and red shirt is OK and it is just difference of opinion.

    But sealing money for someone's wife's five start dinner is wrong, and if you see something wrong one should have courage to call wrong thing wrong.

    People told me that my opinion is wrong, but when I told them that their opinion was wrong they told me that I don't have any right to call their opinion wrong because I should respect difference of opinion. But why did they call my opinion wrong and not kept quite because of respect of difference of opinion.

    I did not say anything about giving money to beggar who is begging for any purpose other than noble cause of his wife's five star dinner. What I said was that I will not give money to any person begging for his wife's five star dinner. People told me that if I feel like saying bad words to someone then I should go out and say as many bad words as I want to someone who is begging for food for his children, and no one will say that I did something wrong. But if I say something wrong about a person begging for noble cause of his wife's five star dinner, that will hurl feeling of a lot of great people.

    This beggar who was begging for his wife's five star dinner himself thinks that he is wrong because he did not tell people real purpose of his begging.

    I don't want to hide behind "difference of opinion" and want you to say that I am wrong if you think that I am wrong. Similarly be prepared to be called wrong if you are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is that I am loving this conversation and missing gyan se bharpoor batein.

    Best wishes and waiting for blog on kejriwals win in delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is that I am loving this conversation and missing gyan se bharpoor batein.

    Best wishes and waiting for blog on kejriwals win in delhi.

    ReplyDelete